Prana
It is the name of the band whose performance I attended and enjoyed perfectly.
I ve never enjoyed fusion like this before. I always do not like to conventional taste of music and culture been lost in fusion. But in this fusion, it never happened; perfect coordination of orchestral members; good practice; good spirit and good quality and blend-in.
I really loved and relaxed myself listening to it.
My favourite bit was "domescus" (correct?) and "Prana" bits. The lead guitarist was excellent, the sitarist was top. The percussion (mrithangam and tabla) was undoubtably fantastic. The kanjira was very fascinating - the way a small stretched membrane can make notes of varying tones so sharply - wow -the fingers of the kanjira artist deserves a hearty shake.
Nevertheless the bass guitarists added wonderfully the blues fusion.The Esplanade is celebrating its "Kala Utsavam" - tribute to indian arts and culture. This whole week is packed with free and ticketed concerts, plays, dances and all such stuffs in the Esplanade and Theatres on the Bay. It is such a wonderful experience to sit for an open air performance (ofcourse only for free performances ;-)
Day before yesterday there was the Indian Pop staged, they sang "ennavale" from Kadhalan movie, "Humma humma" from Bombay, "Kaho na kaho" from Murder and so on... I enjoyed that also, good spirit and the audience also enjoyed it thoroughly.
Somehow i liked today's better :-)
Okay i dont have anything much to write - empty shells write nothing much :-!
Just waiting for my dinner to be eatable and eat it and go to sleep (oh it is sunday night and I dont want to get bogged down with my assignments :-)

2 Comments:
watching artists perform is thrilling... i had once been to an ARR concert and i was impressed the most by shivamani's drums... but, nowadays i prefer just listening to songs or watching such shows on TV than watching in-house..
I had attended a fusion at the IIT Bombay cul-fest, Mood Indigo - It had
keith peters,one more western artist, nilhadri(sitar),shivamani,
selva ganesh(kanjira) and a famous ghatam guy(forgot his name)..To say that performance was good would be an understatement. Ofcourse the performance was dominated by the indian artists, but
I would still say fusion music does sound good at times.
Post a Comment
<< Home