Wednesday, January 25, 2006

lock-out

One small screw can completely screw up one's whole day (or life for that matter)
This dat begun at 9.10 am
opened my eyes straight into gmail to find a response from old junior, whom I could remember even after seven years after school life. I subscribed my twenty dollars for finding my old classmates, thought no one would respond. Surprised even to find my school name and many other schools including government schools in the website and their school students.. Wonderful !!!
In nostalgic moment, I replied and found that he was online.
We chatted for only for an hour, since in UK, it was midnight for him.
It was exciting to know that he pursued his dreams towards music and he is a leading sound engineer in tamil film industry.
Interesting career ! He forwarded one of his recordings and i went to my bedroom to get my headphones, whew it was locked, i called out my roommate to open, no answer (probably hasnt got up), when she came out after a while, i told "you locked in i guess"...
Reply came, "No I did not"...
Then we realized that lock had some problem and the door gets auto locked.
WE were LOCKED OUT... It was only a lock out, but it opened a few things to my eyes
We were locked out at last, just with the most possible worse night dress, a mobile phone (not mine) and just 2 laptops.
We called for the locksmith and started waiting.
The condo admin came in with their keys, kept their kit on my bed and walked to the store room, one strong wind blew the door shut. Whew... we waited for hours together for the locksmith to arrive then.
It proved so many hypotheses i had about living this short life.
--- Mobile has become such an attachment (though I had not recieved even a single SMS in those 3.5 hours)
--- Laptop is the next best pet to domestic animals (probably because it doesnt pee on the sofa)
--- Internet is just another edible entity and i literally consume things from the world wide web
The worst part of it is that I really do not feel good realizing such stuff :-(
Apart from the above, there were a few things i missed to note in my flat !!! And I felt ashamed for it.
I roamed around the corridor getting irritated waiting for a locksmith in a small island like this for hours. There are two rock pigeons which visit my flat for the perks. They were there already, and I noticed that one of them was bigger and colourful (male). He fluffed and displayed by puffing, when the female hopped near him. Wow... they started staring at each other non-stop. Soon, they both raced towards each other as if they were desperate to touch each other, kissed a few times (beak to beak :-), and the female just sat. The male preened her on the neck and it was really impressive. He then mounted, very brief - lasting for around 3-5 seconds. It was over...
It was such a beautiful sight and i was already lost in it. They walked my poritco a few more times and repeated their mating ritual once more. It was time for me to bring my cam. And it was also locked in, but i continued watching them till the locksmith arrived :-) I did and was lucky enough to get a kissing scene, but they noticed me. Not wanting to invade their privacy further (ooraar kaadhalai ooti valarthaal num kaathal thaana valarum ;-), i moved out with so much of wonderful feeling. Ivent developed my rolls yet :-(
I am sure I wouldnt have been lucky if there was no lockout.
Animals are animals - that was the last thing proved (it was not a hypothesis, it is a realization long back)
Things in technology might replace the importance of mobile phone, internet, laptop, DVD, movies and all that stuff....
But nothing can replace this kind of enjoyment one derives from love in the wild.
Atlast the locksmith came in and i was off to the school in the evening, and all I could remember before closing eyes for the day (at 1 AM) was the lovely pair of pigeons that were staring for a few minutes at each other as if they are eating something delicious once for their life....

1 Comments:

Blogger NaiKutti said...

i think these kind of events (which breaks the routine) shld happen often so that we get to do something else than staring at the computers :-).

good that u noticed those penguins :-).

Request: can u remove word verification?, looks like spammers have disappeared!

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home