The terrorist
The second movie was the famous 95 minutes “Terrorist” – make of Santhosh Sivan. I quite dint like his other movie, but this one was a good one.It is not a recent release .While through the text, I have attached a few screen shots I really loved; The girl really has beautiful eyes and hair, with good expressive face.Beautiful choreography, direction and limited dialogues (but none can beat Manirathnam J)
I wouldn’t describe the storyline since it is quite a famous piece of
art, since it was released post- Rajeev Gandhi’s assassination. It is the story of this suicide bomber, her struggles with emotions as she slowly discovers them.One cannot support the normal democractic politics, though the objectives of such activists (poraaligal) are also not clear, like communism - i do not expect "solutions" from those objectives. They are just objectives thats all.
The cinematography is excellent and I thoroughly enjoyed the movie.
Worth watching.There are few places of the movie I was impressed with –when she realizes her emotional flow with little things on Earth – water
, love, pregnancy, motherhood, love between old couple, good food, clean clothes, beauty of her own hair.
Nice touch on simple and beautiful things. Camera play!!! She get shocked out of surprise and excitation, fear of not accomplishing her assassination project, the developing embryo in her womb of her one day lover who died a few hours after their courtship, many things change her focus and here she goes without activating the bomb in the project’s last minute… 
She is not a terrorist !!!

9 Comments:
wow...who is that girl..beautiful eyes as you said...worth framing the first pic.
Ayesha Dharkar is the name of that girl - she has acted in some similar international indian productions and also in Star Wars II (attack of the clones), quite a famous actress I guess.
yes beautiful eyes, i would rate it equal to Manirathnam's shot of Shalini's eyes in alaipaayuthey
Havent seen this movie...but heard that the GAL was impressive in it
Thanks for this post...
:)
Hmm...was thinking the same thing..the first pic resembles shalini
Arz, Karthik, Kris Yes :-)
i think i have watched sirai... but not this one... looks like a good one to watch, but donno how?! :-)...
Yeah I'd heard of the terrorist long back. After reading your post it brought bak all the interst again. Lovely phtographs.
Randomthoughts : Thanx :-)
Naikutti : Hm ..i dont know ; Blr might be having for sure DVD/Movie libraries ?.. :-(
Post a Comment
<< Home